Tuesday, October 24, 2006

its rather late now. time check 12:37 am. once i finish this shall go and continue to mug. its a long time eversince i blogged about rubbish. well that deems me a rubbish dump. so if i say its a long time eversince i blogged about sense. well that deems me a
sense dump. ok im not making much of a sense, and my level of humour is like rock bottom low. havent been able to apply it on my skin for a long time. all i do nowadays is to mug in my castle. trapped. im like a crab. a hermit crab to be exact. stuck in my shell. anyway, a few more weeks DHL would be sending a hammer to help smash this shell of mine.

well thats enought about my current situation. well whats there to talk about *abel's already tired brain tries to generate something* i feel like posting my prelim compo. shall go and find it... HA! found it. first i must state some things. humble as i am, i admit that my immagination is limited and my command of english isnt very good. <--can u see that. i dont what to replace 'good' with so that i sound more bombastic. back to my essay, here it is.

Q:Perseverance

my essay:

Perseverance. An important attribute that the strong-willed possess. I would not say that i was strong-willed during that period of my life, but my perseverance came from the support of a close friend and the Divine up there.

About five years back, i was in my prime of life. I enjoyed it. A bright future has been paved before me after graduating with honours from Harvard. However, my happiness was short lived after i learnt that my backaches all those years were caused by a cancerous lump attached to my backbone. The one year old, golfball-sized evil lump of malignant cancer cells was at is prime too. At its second stage. The doctor said the lump had to be removed straight away and a suitable bone marrow transplant was crucial. I broke down in tears, as i feared that my future would fade to oblivion before my eyes.

The hospital became my second home; a dreaded one in fact. Thirteen months after the removal of that evil lump, there was still no suitable donor. I felt pain everyday, and everytime i looked up i saw the 'drips', like transparent vines cascading down a metal tree. The chemotherapy, the needles, the tubes and pipes. I was sick and tired.

"Just remove all this stuff. Please! Just let me rot away!"

Each time i cried out in exasperation, she squeezed my hand firmly and assured me, "You will never walk alone." Those words always gave a new lease of strength to fight on to the next day. Each time i woke up from my bed i could either see her putting new flowers into the vase or her head rested on my hand. I thought, where was the hope that she had that i did not possess. She told me God would see me through. Do your best and God would do the rest. That became my motivation, my will. I must live on.

As time ticked away, my battle was getting harder, i was becoming weaker and i was on the losing side. However, i did not allow that to shake my morale.

Two years had passed, day by day my soul was leached away and more jabs were issued to sustain me. I continued to fight the supposedly losing battle, which i realised was a battle against my weak will. I persevered. The faint glimmer of hope came one morning, like a shimmering distant star on a cloudy night.

"You are finally awake," she said with a sweet smile on her face. "Look at these sunflowers, they are here to brighten up your day." Although her voice was gentle it was like tempered steel, strong in the belief that i would survive. I only managed a faint smile as that was all my body allowed to give her my heart felt appreciation.

Just then, doctor Tan came in. "Good morning to you," he said. "I have some good news for you. A suitable donor has been found. However, your body may reject the bone marrow and this will bring dire consequences."

"Would you like to have some time to think about it?" he asked.

I paused. There was this sudden stoppage of time.

"No. I do not need the time. I will go through with it!" I replied.




the end.


alright, it rather late. time check 1:26 am. shall go and study now. goodnight.


I LOVE SUNFLOWERS :)


12:44 AM